This Roll the List presents a breadth of opportunity. The top 10 worst songs or artists chosen by me! These free-for-all lists are the ones I love the most because if they ever come up again you can bet they will be quite different.
10. Chocolate – The 1975: have you ever wondered what it would be like if you didn’t have to actually sing any intelligible lyrics to a song yet still have people value the merit of your music enough to get you to the Top 50 on Spotify? Then look no further than this song.
9. Skinny Love – Birdy: Technically you do not need lyrics to make a song good. Some semi-instrumentals are fantastic (See Hey! Woo!Yea! by The Forces of Evil). Some are like this song. where they try to incorporate miasma into the melody and fail completely,
8. Any Song by Bruce Springsteen: I used this mans voice to mock and ridicule almost all other music. I don’t know if you have noticed, but the singer’s voice is a big deal for me.
7. Any Song by Morrissey: This guy is horrible. A pompous vegan, diva, ass-hat. I know I am just mudslinging, but I seriously don’t ever want to think about him ever again after seeing him live (no I didn’t pay for it, it was free). His show allowed me to see how bad fans can get over famous individuals.
6. My Name is Mud by Primus: This song used to be a favorite, then I listened to it. I really listened to it. The music is alright and the sound of the bass is great at first, but then you realize that the song is just a flash in a pan. Each song by Primus is similarly flashy. It is great at first, but then you realize it isn’t.
5. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter by Nirvana: Now we will move into a different area of my musical dislike. This song begins with a sound of a guitar, being wailed upon in such a manner that it makes me want to stop/change the song immediately every time. This was a big thing in the 90’s and it will show up again in this list.
4. Any Live Song by The Silversun Pickups: In fact it will show up again right now! Where the previous song starts with this horrible guitar noise, each and every Silversun Pickups live song ends with this horrible noise. In fact, in most cases this noise is the bridge from one song to another. I will never see this band live ever again if I can help it.
3. Money by Pink Floyd: I understand that this band was very experimental (going whammy bar/distortion crazy on your guitar withstanding) and they did things with sound that no one else has ever tried; however, that does not make it good music. I like experimental music (dub-step, folk metal, etc.), but these guys are just kinda boring to me.
2. It’s All Over Now Baby Blue by Bob Dylan: I was forced to listen to this song during my freshman Honors English 101 course over 100 times. I had to write a paper on this song. his voice is so horrible it haunts my dreams.
1. Friday – Rebecca Black: I don’t think I really need to get into why this song is the worst song. It is the fact that it went viral and launched a career that hurts me the most: physically, mentally, and emotionally.